So many places, so little time.
This adage somehow influenced my thinking about traveling around the world (this maybe far from reality but still hopeful). Unlike other travelers who quit their corporate jobs and pursued their dreams to travel, I personally have not considered that just yet.
However, I am fortunate to have been given the opportunity to travel and enjoy the perks of work and leisure from time to time (thank you to my supportive boss for allowing work perks!).
Travelers have their own bucket list of places they want to explore and things they want to try and activities they want to do, I for one is no exemption. I started listing a few years ago and the list keeps on growing and that made me realize that it requires a lot of savings and planning in order for me to strike off the list one by one.
How fast time flies and the list keeps growing and I am slowly taking out some off the list.
I keep adding every year, and it made me see and understand what I really love and what I am really passionate about. I understood myself more and it made me see that there are places that I would keep going back to and things I will repeatedly do.
Since I (just) turned 33, here is my bucket list in no particular order:
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- United States – will get the chance to go in March for the first time! I am excited!
- Peru – Machu Picchu
- New Zealand – Water rafting or bungee jumping
- China – mainly for the Great Wall before it caves in and collapses
- Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Palawan, Batanes, Sagada and Boracay in Philippines
- Iceland – Northern Lights
- Rock Climbing (maybe in Red River Gorge, or not)
- Snorkeling – if I am a sucker for mountain, I am a little bit “uncomfortable in open and deep water”
- Paragliding (maybe in Korea?)
- The Netherlands
- Costa Rica
The list can go on and on, but still hopeful that I am able to strike off every now and then.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
What is in your bucket list?